Recently I confronted my pattern hoarding, I mean collecting instincts in the interest of de-cluttering and beautifying the sewing room.
The collection is now getting out of hand and I am streamlining in the spirit of reduce and recycle. Le sewing room needs to be less chaotic; and I, er, watched Hoarding: Buried Alive on TV this week. If you’re procrastinating with your de-cluttering, watch an episode of Hoarding: Buried Alive on TLC.
Many, many patterns had to go into the paper recycle bin because they were all cut up and used. I was loathe to part with some of them because they were made several times and the garments were staples in my wardrobe. But it was time for them to go. Goodnight, sweet ones; you served me well.
Then there are 36 lovely patterns which are either unused or were traced out before using to preserve the originals. Dear readers, this is where you come in. I am giving them away!
First, let’s have some fun. Here are 10 categories of pattern collectors, as I see it. Which one are you?
- Designer Pattern Only Collector: A bit of a snob, and I used to be one.
- Simplicity/Project Runway Fan: Loves everything remotely connected to Project Runway. Me, me!
- The I-Only-Like-Vogue-Patterns Collector: Similar to #1 except when Vogue puts out unacceptable offerings, and before Simplicity became fashion forward and better fitting. I used to be this one too.
- The Free-or-99-Cent-Pattern Babe: O, thrifty one……
- Hot Patterns Groupie: Hot Patterns has a cult-like following, and deservedly so. This company put out some really great patterns.
- International Dress Enthusiast: She loves things like Kimono and Thai pants. Can anyone tell me who owns Folkwear Company now? They’ve changed owners more than I change my clothes.
- Independent Patterns Supporter: More power to this collector.
- PDF Pattern Pundit: She loves downloading digital patterns but grumbles about printing and taping them together.
- What’s New? Collector: Trend follower but never the fashion victim. After all, that is why she sews…..
- Vintage Patterns Only Please: Depending on her age, what’s vintage for her may be “I’ve worn this once in my life and don’t want to wear it again” for me.
Now for the giveaways! The patterns are divided into 6 groups, with 6 patterns in each group. (I’m feeling a little creepy with all the 6s). Click on the photos to enlarge and see the patterns. All patterns are in the 12/ 14 and above size range, except for one in Group 2, Simplicity Project Runway Inspired 2927, size 4-12 (the one on top) in the bundle. Group 6, Hot Patterns, is Glamor Girl size.
To win a pattern bundle, tell us in the comments section which category of collector you think you belong to. It can be more than one. Be sure to comment with your e-mail so I can contact you if you win. Also, indicate which giveaway pattern group is your preference. Go ahead and give a second choice. If more than one of you have the same pattern group preference, I’ll pick a name from a bowl. Yup, we’re going to be terribly untechnical here. Shipping is on me if in US, Canada or Europe.
Good luck, and thank you for joining the sewing fun!